Birth classes

i never went to any birth classes. have you? If you have how was it? if not did or do you think you should of?

minki111

Asked by minki111 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did for both babies - I thought they were very helpful.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:41 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• As a first time mom, I went to birthing classes that my hospital offered. I also took a breastfeedig class and child/infant cpr classes. I found them informative and beneficial!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 10:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I didnt for my first two but I did for my thrid, which I actully learned alot with my first two my water just broke so I never went threw prelabor or any of the stages, with my third I was in hard labor for 4 days before they amitted me and gave me meds to kick it up some then they had to break my water, and cuz of the class I would not have know what all they were doing. I would have been asking alot of questions, so the class did me alot of good, althought learning how to breath didnt work much i thought that part was funny
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:46 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i took a breatfeeding class, parentin gclasses and a day of lamaze classes. . one only went one day to lamaze because my friend only 10 years older than me went with me because my husband was gone with the military and the teacher thought she was my mom. it offended my friend so i told the lady no she wasn't my mom we were a couple. ha ha ha, sometimes you just gotta have fun. we didn't go back. i said i can go he he he hooh without a lesson. plus i was probably the oldest one there and i was only 25. but idid get a lot out of the parenting class and the breastfeeding one.
    mrs.trial

Answer by mrs.trial at 11:00 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I have taken several, I love them!
    :-)
    I recommend moms-to-be become as prepared as possible for whatever kind of birth they prefer and classes are one of many ways they can get ready.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• (6 months prego)>>i have been telling myself i need to go to a few but i never do.. I feel somewhat guilty but it doesn't make me feel like any less of a person. I think as long as you do your own research on the internet and get as much information as you can, you will be a great mother! But i wont lie... I am going to try to go to one or two parenting classes within the next 2 weeks. But its your decision!! Do what u think is best
    cindylou92

Answer by cindylou92 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i took an all natural class so i knew how to handle the pain without having an epi! LOVED IT!!! i also took a breast feeding class and a infant safety class! i didnt like the safety class as much i knew most of the info since i worked in a day care for years but it was more for my hubby!! he liked it and is still quoting the class and my dd is 1 now!! lol
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i never went. i always thought that if i did i would just forget everything once i was actually in labor
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 1:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I didn't take any childbirth classes but I wish that I would have with my first. I was lucky that I knew I wanted a natural child birth and choose a birth and women's center. It was a good birth experience but it could have been so much better.

I researched a lot after my first and though I didn't attend any birth classes I was much more prepared and enjoyed my second, a home birth, much more.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I did and I kind of learned some stuff and I enjoyed going to the class. Taking the tour of the hospital was nice and meeting all the other couples in class was kind of nice. I also took a class on breast feeding and I actually learned more in that class than I did the birthing class. I was very thankful to have taken that one.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2011