How many wet diapers?

My 3 month old is sick and not eating as much (breastfeeding). How many wet diapers does she need to have per day? When do I need to take her to the doctor?

montanagal2005

Asked by montanagal2005 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At least 6, I believe
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:45 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• 6 wet but watch the color and smell of the pee, my son was still making pee but it was brown and smelled funny so I ook him in and he was dehyrated so watch the color to get darker and if it does call the dr
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:48 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• She needs to have between 5 to 6 wet diapers a day. If not then that means she is not getting enough to eat and you may have to take her in to the doctor to see what they think. Good Luck though, I bet she will be okay, you could give her some water mixed with the breastmilk to help it be more for her to drink if your not comfortable with mixing a little formula in it.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree with what's been suggested here. Generally, you're looking for 6-8 in a 24 hr period. If baby is sick, *I* would be happy with 4-5 diapers, at a minimum. As far as when to take her in, it depends. What are her symptoms? How is she handling it?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011