School?

so I know I still have plenty of time to stress over this lol...but for whatever reason I got to thinking about it tonight...I'm not quiet sure how my dd will handle a daily routine when it comes time for her to start school...she's turning 3 in June and we have no plans for preschool, being that I'm a sahm..she's a very bright girl and knows her abc's, animals and what sounds they make..she knows many different songs, and we're working on colors, and she can count to 30 (with assistance starting at 20)...she loves counting and will count anything and everything...but she's got an attitude like no other...the smallest thing can set her off,..we never really established a routine, but recently have been doing the same things on a daily basis (dd was the one who started it...I've learned that she has to be the one to initiate it, otherwise nothing will work)...such as coloring after breakfast and counting, singing spelling her name and her trying to copy it...this usually only lasts for an hour or two before she gets bored and wants to play...is she off to a decent start? She watches Dora and will reply to questions and point out where things are if she can spot them..is there anything else I should be doing?..is her attention span ok for her age? Also, I there anything I can do for her attitude?..to keep her calm instead of jumping right to anger and throwing fits?

Oh, she also loves to read books/have them read to her...and she's got a memory like no other..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i think she is doing great! the attitude i am sure is just a stage and her attention span is good! keep up the good work! she would get bored in preschool.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:23 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• I think you are stressing over something to far in advance! Just keep doing what you are doing and don't worry about it. Kids change A LOT in 2 years :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• There are opportunities for social and school activity. Sunday school. Library days. Sports.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• theres lots of preschool websites i have a 4 yr old and these are the ones she loves
    www.starfall.com this site teachers letters/sounds/reading lots of fun
    www.pbskids.com it has games off of pbs shows lots of educating ones lots of fun
    www.nickjr.com has games off of nick jr shows also lots of educating ones tons of fun
    www.fisherprice.com learning games and activites which include dress up and coloring pics. online
    also once she starts learning the computer it will help with her coordination and hand muscles
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• sounds like she is doing fine and is a normal child just keep doing what you are and encouraging her to do everything she is doing also

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 15, 2011