Blood in my stool...

Im in my 7th month and I think I have hemmroids and theres blood in my stool, is that normal/okay?

fujin06

Asked by fujin06 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most likely hemmaroids or fissures.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• Anytime there's blood in your stool it's cause for concern. Not rush to the ER concern, unless there's accompanying symptoms. But it's definitely a call to your Dr in the morning worthy. Could just be the hemorrhoids, for that they have medications. But call your doc in the am, because bloody stools are not normal.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• i agree with 2nd poster
    call doc in am

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:27 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• If it's bright red, it's probably from hemorrhoids. If a bleed came from higher up, it would probably be dark and tarry. I would also advise checking with the doctor, just in case.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 10, 2011

• it sounds like its just the hemorrhoids, but i would call the doctor in the morning just to ease your mind
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My daughter is 20 months old and I still get a pinkish tinge when I have a bowel movement. It sounds like hemmroids to me and nothing to be worried about. As long as it's just a little when you wipe I wouldn't worry about calling the dr. but I would bring it up at your next appointment they may have some suggestions to help you out.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 3:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Mikesmom is correct from what I have been told. I had this issue when I was pregnant too. My doctor said that if it was a bright red then it was probably from hemmroids and if it was dark brown that meant old blood which meant it may have traveled through your system and could be bad news. I would still call the doctor's office if I were you. Good luck Momma, try not to stress too much about it.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I really dont know but i think you should call your DR.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• When I went to the Dr for one of my prenatal visits a couple of months ago, I asked him how I would know if I had a hemroid. TMI warning - - Hemroids are located by the anal opening and when streched due to hard bowles can bust open and bleed. The blood from this will be on the outside of the stool (the stool itself should be lightbrown in color with strings of red on it and the water in the toilet showing most of the blood). If you are bleeding with our without hard stools then there is more of an alarm. If the stool is dark in color and the water in the toilet isn't bright then that it is also cause for alarm.

Mine by just talking with my dr sounds more like a hemroid and dr said he wasn't going to pick on me to find out for sure.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011