Would you tell your ex's parents you are pregnant if he didn't?

I am 6 months pregnant, by a married man. He told his wife, and after that he disappeared on me. He refuses to discuss the baby, and acts like none of this is happening. I want my daughter to know her father and her history (he is Scottish). I keep debating on whether I should tell his parents who are in Scotland. I feel like they have a right to at least know about their grandchild. Even if they decide not to have anything to do with her.

caytibug

Asked by caytibug at 11:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think he is obviously scared to ruin his relationship with his wife, whether he made wrong decsions or not. I can't say i've ever been involved with a married man but when I found out I was pregnant my fiance (now husband) and I had broken up and he wanted nothing to do with me, child or no child. I wrote a letter to his parents telling them that if they wanted to be involved in their grandchilds life I would not prevent them from doing that. Later on of course that was never a problem because we decided to work through our issues instead of run from them. I think that you might have to worry about how his parents will take it knowing that their son has cheated on his wife and maybe that's something that you should leave up to him. You may think that his family has a right to know, but he has to be the one to bring up a major issue like this, it could tear apart what family he has now.
    Humanerror99

Answer by Humanerror99 at 12:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2011