Is 14.5 months too early to potty train?

Just about everytime I sit him on his potty he pees in it. When I tell him let's go peepee he goes to the bathroom. He communicates well. Walks good, can even run

But...idk if he will be able to tell us when he needs to go or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well then look at it as in your getting him used to the idea of getting potty trained so when he is really ready to actually be potty trained he understands where to go and what to do making it a lot less stressful. he will eventually catch the hint but I say if you knows how to use the potty just keep at it. :) Good Luck
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 12:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would go along with it as long as he's ok with it. If he reverts back, don't freak out....let him go at his own pace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If he is willing and knows what he is doing I'd try it out but at bed time id use pull ups because he is prob to young to wake up to just go
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No it's not too early to teach them about it and get familar but they may not be ready yet.

Here are some signs of getting ready to start.

If they pull their diapers off all the time and know when they are icky wet or poopy and make comments about it you will know. Or wants their diaper changed often also if you don't give them lots to drink at night before bed when they wake up more dry they are ready to use the potty, and when they sit on the potty often that's another sign. Good Luck hope this helped. :)
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Right now there is nothing wrong with his interest in it but do not pressure him. It is too early for him to be able to tell you he has to go. Google "toilet training readiness" and you will see helpful info
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If he wants to go let him go. I have been asking my eighteen month old if she wants to potty since Christmas. Santa brought all the potty books and everything. She is only ever in the mood once in a while now but she knows what the potty is and what you are supposed to do in it. That is the important part right?!

Hopefully mine will be trained by the time she is two. It is a long fun process. But eventually they will all conquer the potty.

studentteach

Answer by studentteach at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You are lucky. My son has every sign of being ready he is 2 almost 3, but he refuses. His peditrician tells me not to push him bc boys will revert back faster than girls. So allow him to enjoy himself. Let him explore it but if he stops don't push. Let him enjoy being LITTLE for awhile.
    proudmommy42008

Answer by proudmommy42008 at 12:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011