How long should a 7 month old sleep?

My son takes 10 to 15 minute naps in the morning && in the afternoon. He still wakes up two times during the night. I just want to make sure he's getting enough sleep!

a1987

Asked by a1987 at 3:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OUCH! My son took a 2 hour nap in the morning and a 2 hour nap in the evening. He went to bed at 9 and got up at 7. Now that he only takes 1 nap a day its still a 3 hour nap.
    HoneyBear727

Answer by HoneyBear727 at 3:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yours sleeps VERY well indeed! Mine never napped, and woke far more often.

They need to sleep as much as they sleep. Instinct guides them on this, and they know what they need during the first year.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Well i have a 7mo and he sleep from around 9:00-9:00pm and wakes at 8:00am but usually wakes up in the night but he as a two hour nap spaced out within the day.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 6:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My baby girl at 7 months used to take at least an hour nap in the morning and then about half an hour at 3pm. She also woke at least two times through out the night.

Im sure your baby is fine, all babies sleep differently.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Its not a matter of should.

You child will sleep as much as they need.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 12:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2008