Anybody else facing a delay in their tax refund?

We found out today that it will be another 30 days (at least) before we get our refund (we filed February 5). All because of the tax laws Congress passed in December, it somehow screwed up those who are having to pay back the Firsttime Homebuyers Tax Credit. I am beyond frustrated at this. :(

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• We haven't heard from the CPA who is doing ours yet, and I'm deathly afraid to get the call. My husband went to work after a 2 yr layof, and for 2 mos the new job would not take out any taxes, so after no job for 2 yrs it was ok with us bec. we needed the money. But, now we're afraid it's going to bite us in the ass. If the taxes don't I'm sure the Government will one way or another.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• no i got em, sorry to hear it. you should have gotten an email that said when your refund should be mailed to you by mail or electronically. thats how i knew
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 12:09 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Delay here too because we filed the innocent spouse form. I have past due student loans and I don't want them to take both our refunds. We filled mid Feb, not expecting a refund until May because that's what the irs website says ( it's another 11 weeks if you file that form) but last week, we call the "where's my refund" line and were told even with the delay, it shouldn't be later than 3 weeks after March 14. So if we get it by Spring Break, that will be great!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Not here. The IRS gave us a date of March 15th, but we received it February 16th.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• With State- yes. We got a letter in the mail saying we got the wrong employer ID and I haven't bothered to file an amendment yet. I need to make my husband do that...
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Liz4Life: Originally it said February 25th, then March 1 (which we figured March 4). Then it didn't have a date at all, so DH called last Friday and they said to give it til Wednesday and if nothing, call Thursday (today) again and that's when they told it would be another 30 days.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011