Getting your tubes tied

ok im due sept. 11 i want to get my tubes tied this is my 3rd child and i dnt want anymore but from wat i read i sounds like its not worth it the what do u all think ohh i would get it done right after a c section

blondemommy89

Asked by blondemommy89 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Personally, I would never get my tubes tied only because I don't want it to be nearly impossible for me to have more children, until I naturally cannot anymore because of age/menapause. I've also heard that its not 100% effective either so that'd be the same as just using birth control and a whole lot cheaper. I don't know all the ins and outs though.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If you are 100,000,000% sure, then yeah getting them done during a c-section is quick, easy, and effective.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Getting mine tied/cut/burned tomorrow after a lot of time and thought was put into the decision. I have 3 children, to me that is the perfect number and since I'm having a c-section I just want it done while they have me open.

Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• not sure why you think it won't be worth it - if the aim is to stop pregnancy, this will do it.- My own experience - I had 2 kids, was having no 3 and was positive I didn't want more so I had my tubes tied in c-sec. Then a few years later we wanted to have more children!!! We do have a beautiful little girl thanks to IVF, but it was not much fun! If I had my time again, I would not do it so close to a pregnancy when your judgment can be clouded, you never know what the future will bring and this is very permanent. Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• had mine done after 2nd child. mainly due to health issues but... if you r done then do it..... otherwise dont. just that simple. for me I could not risk losing a child or myself .My placenta was bad. DD was 3 wks early and 4.5lbs. wasnt getting any nutrition. so emergency c and recommended tubes tied. So for me it was simple. But I will say this.... my 1st c-sec was nothing to over come....tubes burned .... I swear to god... the pain is flippin intense. Nurse told me it was b/c of the tubal (burned). I just was in ALOT of pain and not so quick to get around as the first...
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You need to be absolutely positive you don't want more children. I am a mother of 5. I tried every means of birth control there is. No dice.
    I have 1-2 yrs between each child. That's a lot to handle. I had mine tied after my youngest was born. I didn't have any problems or regrets.
    mamabearbloo

Answer by mamabearbloo at 12:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I got my tubes tied after I had my second baby. My daughter was a preemie and she almost died in me. It was a hard pregnancy and I didn't want to chance going through something like that again. So I personally think it was worth it. It took some serious thinking but I'm happy with my decision. Its deffinately worth it if that's what you're wanting.
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 1:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think if it is something you feel strongly about then you should discuss it with your doctor. I know there are a lot of doctor's that do not like to do it depending on your age and your situation. If you are young and you do not have any health issues with pregnancies they may not want to do it. Good luck, I hope between you and your doctor you are able to come to a decision that works for you.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I had mine done right after my last c-section. It was the right choice for us. We were sure we did not want any more children. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yeah if thats what you want to do. My dr ha stold me that if she feel its going to be safe for me to have another baby after this one she will not tie them. But if she feels it wont be safe then she will have to because she says that i have a lot of scar tissue... And i like i want to be the one to make that decision.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011