Tragic life events

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 12:27 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Lol what about Tragic Life events?
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 12:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think we need a little more information.l
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• oops, I forgot the actual POST! LOL

When you choose to ignore a tragic event in your life and pretend that it never happened in order to "move on", your pain and suffering shows up in different ways. It never really goes away, and it surely doesn't make you better, it actually makes you worse. No matter how long its been, it will never go away unless you face it. But... how are you supposed to face the thing that scares you the most?
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You know when my dad comitted suicide It took one day and i was over it. I cried more when my dog past away then when he did. I don't know if it was my way of moving on or what but I just didn't care. I slept. I slept a lot. and Im pretty sure thats how ii kept myself sane.
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 12:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Head on. I had a DD killed, and I just couldn't ignore the fact that she wasn't here any more. What is the event, and why can't you face it? It's not going away, and then you get depressed and it gets worse. I had very heavy grief therapy, you have to deal with it, that's LIFE. We all have some sort of trama or heart ache and you just deal with it. Believe me no Mother should ever bury their child, and yes I had to face it, and boy did it slap me right on my ass.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The best thing to do is face it directly. It's sort of like a bandaid- you can pick at it and drag the thing out forever, or you can rip it off and get a big jolt of pain, but it's over a lot faster.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• the best way is to face it head on and take care of it as soon as possible
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• When my father died, I accepted his death because I made peace long ago where our relationship was. Every now and then things will trigger the grief. For instance, I was in a store and someone kept saying "Dad" and I realized that I would never call someone that again. I have a pewter heart with his ashes, but I cannot look at them because I cannot wrap my mind around knowing my father's ashes are in there. My mother died when I was 14 of cancer. If I let the fears of what happened to both of them get to me, I would never leave my house and run to the doctor every time I had abdominal pain.

Grief hits everyone in different ways. It could take days, weeks, months, years. Sometimes the stages of grief recur. Just when you think you are over it, something will remind you of the loss. It may never go away.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I was raped two years ago. The police had the man in custody, he said he never touched me etc. they had my rape kit, but, i was told that here in Oregon it is to spendy to process rape kits, and without it they have no case. So, he went free. I had to move because he lived down my street, for two weeks I cryed, drank, had many panic attacks etc. Then, I decided that I hated the way I felt, I hated the way people were treating me, so, I started to pretend it never happened. And after awhile, it was like it never did. I feel okay for the most part, Im generally happy. I lead a very normal life. But, sometimes...if I watch a movie with a rape scene, or read a story about it...I cant help but feel bad. I have changed alot as a person, like my bubble popped. I just dont know what to do with myself. And I feel bad having these reactions almost 3 years later. As if anyone else remembers either.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011