My 10 yr old daughter is constantly being bullied at school, any advice?

My daughter is constantly being bullied at school, I have given her every speech, and listened to her cry and wish to be taken out of school, but that's not an option. Now, I'm MAD! I'm ready to go into the school guns blazing, but I know that will hurt more than help, anybody got any advice?

mamabearbloo

Asked by mamabearbloo at 12:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Wow so sad. I hate stories like that. But I think you should take her into a new school, perhaps homeschooling if that works? It's hard to say how to stop it but Class changing too might help too? Sorry this is going. Id go to the school and write some students up. Call the parents of the bullys. Everything in my power to make my child safe! GL
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Have you talked to the principal, teachers, or anyone? I'd love to say that that's gonna help but being a victim of bullying myself, it might not do anything, or it could make things worse. If letting her change schools is even the slightest possibility, I'd try and go with that. If not, I'd go in there and demand these kids be reprimanded with severe consequences. I'd also find out their parent's phone numbers and call.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• bring a can of whip *ss to the school.!!!! DEMAND THEY put a stop to it before you do. YOU want a conference with the parents, kids and staff . ASK what the problem is and IF IT CANT BE STOPPED THEN HARASSMENT CHARGES WILL BE FILED AND WILL HAVE A COP THERE IN 15 MINS....... THEIR CHOICE!!!!! * this bullying crap pisses me off * Sorry..... these rotten kids learn this behavior from their home life drama..... Schools should be a safe place for learning, growth and development... not this crap.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Iso completely agree with kkbird. Its not fair that your dd is the one who is taken out of school cause some other kids get their jollies off by picking on a girl. So yes get a conference with the teachers and parents and work out a peaceful solution like 3 days in school suspension and they have to stay there and their school work will be brought to them for the 1st offense. 2nd offense kids get a week, 3rd offense which I think should be uncalled for, the kids face expulsion. Giving the kids out od school suspension is like giving them a vacation, and plus both parents probably work anyway. Making them stay in school and not being able to see any of their friends would suck as far as they are concerned.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Go to the school, and don't let this issue go. Demand action, or go above their heads.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Have you or your daughter been reporting the bullying? If not, I would NOT go in with guns blazing demanding things. The school can't do anything if it's not aware of the problem. If they don't do something about it, then go to the school board.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• talk to her teacher, principal and even the recess monitor, and if you don't get anywhere with them take it to the superintendent don't let it go

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 15, 2011