What comes to your mind first thing when you see a child having a tantrum in a store, library, or other public place?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That poor mom! lol and then I'm glad it's not happening to me.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• glad it aint my kid this time
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I ignore the fussing and don't think anything of it. My son throws fits in public from time to time.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• OMG
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know someone who might could use a nap. Poor mama.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I guess it depends on what the parents are doing/not doing to remedy the situation. I have an 19 month old so we are starting the tantrum phase now. I usually can get his attention elsewhere and stop the tantrum but there have been times when I've had to straight up leave because he was being so disruptive. I honestly feel for other moms when their kids are acting up because I know how it is, but when they do nothing about it, that's when it bothers me. I was at Chili's a few weeks ago and a boy, probably 2, was screaming at the TOP of his lungs. Soooo loudly that it hurt my ears and he wasn't even that close to my table. He kept doing it and doing it and the parents didn't remove him from the restaurant. It ruined my dinner.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I used to assume bad parenting before i realized how many kids are autistic etc and they have tantrums very easily regardless of parents. I have a special needs child with cerebral palsy and a new diagnosis of a chromosome abnormality and he has neurological problems thagt are just showing themselves at 19 months old so now I am in no position to assume. He throws tantrums. He has good days and bad days
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think the exact same thing as letstalk747 lol.
    MonkeyPeanut79

Answer by MonkeyPeanut79 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• In a resturant setting, ya if my dd was acting like that, or a libary, I would leave, but in a grocery store??? Nah probably not. I hate shopping and I want to get it over and done with and everybody can get over it, the store is a big place.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Nothing. I look the other way and pretend I don't notice. It doesn't help to stare or make comments, or even think about the tantrum. Now, unless I hear the parent say "Why can't you behave like that little boy over there" while motioning to my Son..well, then I can't help but beam with pride. It's rad knowing my Son is so well-behaved that He is used as a good example. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2011