OMG. I just saw this. What do you think? Brothels see job applications surge amid ailing economy

watch the video. is the economy turning women to prostitution?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=10790520&ch=4226720&src=news

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 4:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Answered at 6:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 by: jcsscfam5
    It always makes me really sad that women feel like they need to resort to this. We don't see men running out to be prostitutes when things get bad.

Not for lack of trying, I'm sure! LOL. My husband always jokes that that's his dream job. I don't think men would be very successful, because how many women do you know would be willing to pay a man for sex? It's just too easy for us women to get!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Do they pay taxes? or just give a little extra for free??

good

BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 4:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I say do what you have to do to survive. This has happened before. Prostitution was a big thing durning the great depression also. history is just repeating it self. No matter what men will always want sex and be willing to pay for it so prostitues will never be broke.
    giovannismom01

Answer by giovannismom01 at 5:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Id personally not do that but I think we are going to see people doing alot of desperate things given the way the economy and country is headed.

Answer by gemgem at 8:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I've always said, sex is the untouchable industry. Even in the worst economy, it thrives.
    BTW, NV has got to be the best place to be a prostitute. They probably have better health care than most of us.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 9:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I say do what you gotta do safely! Unfortunately drug use is probably going to go up to, but they will be going after prostitutes instead of drug dealers. The system is soooo screwed.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• the Obama girl should have priority when it comes to hiring in the new brothels. She was HOT!!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i have put in at least forty job applications in the past four days for telework. of course, because some people are corrupt in their advertising a lot of it was for pay to click sites or referral programs. a lot were repeats, at least two were scams.

i am certain that if i were to apply for the chat sex "actress" job i keep seeing i would have a paycheck in two weeks. it is very tempting.
    goth_mama

Answer by goth_mama at 1:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'm not gonna knock it. Sure it isn't the most "reputable" profession, but it is someone doing what they need to do to survive.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• desperate time calls for desperate measures and if their so's don't care i guess it would work out for them. for me i'll stay poor.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008