What would you do if today was your last day to live?

Do you have a bucket list? What would you do differently? What are your religious/spiritual convictions about death?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Sadly, I don't have a bucket list. I started one, but never finished it. I'm not sure if I'd do anything different. I will say... I wish I knew what I know now. I'd treat myself and others with respect. As for religious/spiritual convictions, I'm not sure if I have any. I'm on the fence with information I've been raised on and my own individual feelings. I do believe there's a higher power, but, I don't trust the bible or religion. There seems to be a bit of contradiction going on. I just don't believe a God/Goddess/Higher Being is with half of the things being interpretated out there.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would gather all my loved ones together and just have a love fest. (Oh, yeah, and eat everything I could think of!!)
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 6:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would gather my boys and husband together and spend the day with them
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I probably wouldn't know it was my last day to live. The two most recent deaths involved my father, who was killed in a car accident on his way to Thanksgiving dinner. He had gone to K Mart to buy some stuff, drank coffee, filled his car before the accident happened. And the other involved a kid who was hit by a train. He was crossing and the express train hit him. Neither could possibly have known because of the mechanism of injuries. I have learned to appreciate each day I have on this earth because none of us really know when its our time.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Live love and laugh like I do every day of my life.

I live every day to it's fullest because I have no idea if it will be my last or not.

I have no bucket list, I do things I want to do, not really make a list and hope I get to do them some day. I am Hindu, I believe when I die I will be reincarnated for another turn on the wheel of life. I'm sure I have many many more lifetimes ahead of me. I believe I will suffer the cycle of rebirth and death until I reach enlightenment and have severed my karmic ties to this world. When that finally happens, my soul will ascend and become one with the Universal Creator (whatever name one chooses to use: God, Allah, Brahma,...etc). which means I (my energy /my essence/my soul however one chooses to view it) will become part of the universe itself.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Thank you for your comments. I too like to live each day as if it were my last. Sometimes we lose sight of that. I love the song "Live like you were dying..." Our world would be a better place if each person showed more love with others each day. : )
    Ruthmom802

Comment by Ruthmom802 (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011