how do i wean my toddler?

She's going to be 2 on March 2, 2009. It's harder than it seems and I've tried the "take a feeding away each week" that doesn't work. What I'm mostly having problems with is night time or when she's sleepy. She used my breast to fall asleep and she'll still wake up during the night to feed. Advice??

Mommy2Sophia

Asked by Mommy2Sophia at 4:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sorry. All i can say it so be consistant. If you take it away, don't give it back. She may scream and cry but I don't know any other way around it. You can always try to substitute something else. Maybe let her nurse but give her a stuffed animal or blanket to hold while she nurses. then when you stop nursing, give her the aforementioned toy.
    Anonymous

• I THOUGHT GETTING TODDLER OFF BOTTLE WAS HARD. I BREAST FEED FOR AWHILE THEN PUT HER ON THE BOTTLE IM TRYING TO WEAN HER NOW SHE TWENTY-TWO MONTHS SHE CRIES ALOT!!!!!!!!! JUST PRAY GOD WILL HELP YOU THATS WHAT I DO.
    amy160

Answer by amy160 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2008