This morning I was in my daughter room and I found some pot in her dresser draw, what would you do?

Today is sort of an irritable one. I went to the Obgyn and I was cramping so hard. She gave me a prescription and I went to see my aunt b/c they have been worried about me for some weeks now. After I got the meds from the pharmacy I went in the house. My husband asked if I can come see some thing really quick. I climbed the stairs and entered my middle daughter room. He open the draw and there it was pot and it's paraphernalia. Man I was heated.

I waited until she got home from school but I was sort of out of it b/c of the pain meds. I took her cell phone and the computer out of her room. Later in the evening I went to speak to her. She thought tears would have made me go soft but not this time. I am so mad b/c about a week ago I came home and smelled pot and they made me feel like I was crazy. Am I acting crazy, What would you do?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 1:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• She'd be grounded. She would be given 5 outfits to wear per your likings, every thing taken out of her room, etc. No makeup or any of that stuff until restriction is over. Complete restriction. No phone, tv, etc. Pretty much studying or doing chores all the time. Btw, add extra chores to that. She wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere and she'd be doing random piss tests in the house for at least the next month.

I'd also check with the schools and see if she's been ditching and check her grades. If she's not holding at least a c average, then she'd be back on restriction until her grades went up. I would also enroll her in an after school activity, like a sport if possible. I would also check her bags and her room daily for anything.

I am tough, but you have to get the point across that drugs will not be tolerated.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You did the right thing. Just ground her for awhile and stick to it! Also keep a close watch on her to she may do it anyhow after school on the way home or before class.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• She would be on house arrest! No phone,no cpmputer,no makeup,also to and from school and straight to her room!!!! I would find out how long she has been smoking that pot!! I want to know every friend she associates with! i would talk to their parents!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I completely agree with the first answer....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree on the whole house arrest thing. But also have to be careful that you don't push her away by over reacting (not saying you are). How old is she?? I remember my mom over reacted about everything..I felt as I couldnt talk to her about anything. The world is tough on kids. I would be out raged also. Right now we're dealing with my 12 year old making bad decions as well..so yea the joys of parenting :-)
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• She claims she started in August and stopped last month. I did take away everything and she had to clean today. Her choirs has been boosted up and she will be taking a drug test once a week in home.
    dubewife

Comment by dubewife (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• sounds very fair to me
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Drugs aren't something to tread lightly with. Being late for school, breaking curfew, etc. are. I'd go full on punishment if I were you OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you did the right thing, i would've done the same thing if it was my son. keep up the good work Mama!
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would have taken it a step further with a trip to my local police dept. I never stood for drugs in my home. It's really something you don't want to let them get away with, especially when it comes to little ones in the house.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011