Babysitting only on saturdays.

a friend of mine ask if I cud watch his son every sat. and ask how much I would charge an hour.

How much does babysitters get an hour?
I never have gotten paid just watched them for free so I need some help plz!
and thank you.

p.s. I'll be watching him at my house. if that helps any.

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 2:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• and I'll be watching him 3-11pm or a lil bit later
    nicole0709442

Comment by nicole0709442 (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My fifteen year old is a Red Cross certified baby sitter and charges $8-10 an hour

Answer by rkoloms at 5:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It depends on the childs age. Smaller children (9months-6 yrs), you can charge a bit more because it's more work. Usually after 6 the rates drops. If the child is potty trained it's less than if still in diapers. I'm assuming you'll have to feed him dinner and a snack. It also depends on his age. You don't want to charge your friend 8-10 an hour if he only makes say 7.00 an hour. In our area, they are charging minimum wage for those that get assistance through the state (state pays the daycare provider). For those that pay out of pocket they charge between 3 and 5 dollars. Closer to 3 if the meal and snacks are provided for the children...Closer to 5 if the child is under 6. Honestly, if it was a friend of mine I'd only charge 10-20 depending on the personality of the child (if he was harder to handle, I'd be charging 20) that averages out to about 2.50 an hour.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There are a lot of parents who can't afford to work because daycare is so expensive...I'm assuming with the hours of 3-11 you are watching him while your friend works. If it's so he could go out you can charge more... If I'm babysitting for a friend who is going out on a weekend I do charge a lot more than 20. But if they are working, it's cheaper. Good Luck to you hun. Charge what you feel right charging.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Look throuh the profiles and jobs at care.com and you can see what people charge/pay in your area.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2011