Son with stuffy nose

My 4 year old son always sounds like he has a stuffy nose.. i make him blow and nothing comes out. The doctors all say he has a touch of ashtma although there is no wheezing, and no attacks.. He does cough but not after running, its a dry cough with the stuffed nose. I have been using albuterol inhaler and flonase but want to know if anyone else has this annoying problem? He always sounds sick but he has a nasally sound. thanks for any comments

ajandemmasmom

Asked by ajandemmasmom at 4:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sorry if this is a LOT of info, but my nose is also always stuffy and when i blow it nothing comes out. if i really dig back into the very very back of my nose, there are boogers literally like plastered to my nose that i have to pull out its really hard to get them, when i do i can breathe! but they come back all throughout the day. my nose doesnt look stuffed if you look in it either.
    see if his dr can check the very very back of his nostrils... its literally where you canot see at all and its plastered to the walls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Could it possibly be his adenoids? My hubby and his brother had this problem and one of the little boys has his problem in my daycare class. Here's a link : http://kidshealth.org/kid/ill_injure/sick/adenoids.html
    ilovemyjo2

Answer by ilovemyjo2 at 1:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• why dont you try...little noses and then try and suck it out of there?
    Anonymous

• thank you all for your comments.. I do use little noses and suck but not much comes out and it is all clear liquid..no real boogers... I have been using the nebulizer 4 times a day and the flonase that the doc gave and it gives a little relief, but not much.. but thank you all again... i will also check into the adenoids? does anyone think the tonsils have anything to do with sinus problems?
    ajandemmasmom

Answer by ajandemmasmom at 4:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2008