Buspar

does anyone take this anti-anxiety drug and how do you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• I used to take it and it ultimately helped me but was hard to get used to at first. If I remember correctly it upset my stomach. But, as I said it did work. GL.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 5:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i am taking it right now, and it help me out great! Do not notice any side effects and I been taking it for little more the a month
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Did it help w, focusing and not obsessing ?..I dont want to be sleepy!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm on it now...I can't say that it helps for the focusing and not obsessing, that wasn't why I was put on it. I can say it helped me for the use that I'm on it for. The best advice I can give, is stay on it for at least 30 days (sometimes a little bit longer) before judging on whether it works or not. If your doc put you on it, then they feel it will work, the dosage might have to be moved around a bit but they will eventually find the right dose. It doesn't make me sleepy. Good Luck to you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• BuSpar generic Name is buspirone (byoo SPYE rone)

Do not use BuSpar if you are allergic to buspirone, or if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam), or tranylcypromine (Parnate) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take BuSpar before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body. BuSpar can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase some of the side effects caused by BuSpar.

Even before taking grapejuice or grapefruit consult your doc if you are taking this drug..

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 6:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• That is one that I tried when I was trying to get on a medication I could take. I don't remember what it did, but I wasn't able to take it. I was placed on Xanax and another type of anti-depressant medication. That was about 12 years ago though. I am still on Xanax, but have weaned off everything else. Also, something else my Dr. tried... I was having anxiety attacks from simply walking into Walmart and being around people... like breaking out in a sweat and heart pounding. He put me on Inderal/Propanalol for the social anxiety part. I can tell you that it's literally saved my life.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have never heard of it but if you have concerns I would talk to your doctor
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Good luck!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011