Has everyone else noticed that food is going up too?

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yep, from what I've heard it's going to continue to go up as long as the gas prices are high because it has a trickle down effect. Unfortunately it is really hurting businesses and consumers. I run my own home based bakery and I'm feeling it on both sides.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Ya I've & that too considerably..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 6:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• yeah, it's steadily been going up. So bummed bacon is so expensive these day...lol. I used to pay like 2.25, now it's 4.50.....sorry bacon, but ya got to go.....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes, we are slowly depleating the world of natural resources and everything is going to cost more. The whole Egypt uprising was originally over a famine.

Oh, wow, got kinda serious on ya there for a minute, sorry. Yes I have noticed....it sucks!
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It's logical that food goes up when gas prices do. The trucks have to be pay more gas and they are what delivers the food. I guess I always buy the same stuff, so I didn't notice. I will now, though. LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• True and it will keep going up, Hubbys company froze everyones pay, no more commision just straight salery. Yet the cost of him doing his job (wholesale to grocery stores) keeps going up. Companies are trying to hold down cost but too many things are goingup, they just can not absorbe anymore
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 7:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I knew it was bound to happen, I just haven't noticed yet.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yep thats what happens when gas prices fly out of control. You figure anything that comes by truck uses gas. Anything coming by plane, again uses gas. It was also predicted we would have hyper inflation (as we did in the late 70s) in 2011. Seems those economists were right.

Answer by gemgem at 7:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes I have noticed it. Cucumbers used to be 2 for a dollar at the store I go to. Romaine Lettuce used to be 99 cents a head and now it's $1.99. I think we are going to have to eat our guinea pigs if this keeps up! (Kidding). I am starting my seeds for my garden this weekend so that's going to help out a lot.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• last night when i went shopping i was noticing that things were 40-75 cents more, even pop tarts, i usually buy the bigger walmart brand and i last time i bought them they were 1.86 and last night they were 2.26, it was like that with almost everything. ugh!!
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 6:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011