What do you moms do when you get bored?

I'm a multitasker, so cafemom or television just doesn't cut it for me. I like to read but it keeps me sitting down. what are some things that you do with your kids or by yourself to keep moving while having fun? I have an xbox 360 that I play sometimes too, but I like to mix it up and do different things.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 7:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Entertainment

• That's really cool. I generally like to surf the net, listen to music etc. etc.
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 7:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If you're looking to entertain you and your children I would do something arts and craft related. My four year old step son will play with play dough for hours and I enjoy it too.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I kinda need something more active.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 7:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i like to hike and bike, weather permitting. Around here its just a challenge to find a place to go do that without involving my car (everything is so remote and inconvenient here)

Never was a gym person, but its one of the few activities to do here and I don't have to jog in the street to do it. Gives me an hour our of the house anyways.

Also look into your area's calendar of events, activitys (via the college or parks and Rec Dept, or library)....

you can always volunteer at things, too. Thats not really my thing personally, but some people like it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• zoey, what kind of exercise activities do you do with your kid(s). I work night shift and sleep mostly during the day, so I like to spend all my free time with her. I really like biking trails, rock climbing, kayaking, and anything else with a little adventure. But she is too young for these. She's 3, btw. I have a child's seat that attaches to the back of my bike, so I ride with her on the back sometimes. But that is only safe for flat ground so I get bored easily.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think all of those are good ideas.
    I don't have experience with autistic children but i've read that sports and other activities (even if he is at a lower level than the other children his age) is good for them. Since it's hard for them to interact, things like that make them feel like their doing well with the other children. I think you should keep doing the other things you used to do with him too. I'm sure younger kids won't mind him being older since he isn't as mentally developed as the other kids his age. And I think he'll like interacting with the other kids even if they aren't his age. It should allow him to be social without having full social skills.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011