How do you keep yourself motivated to exercise?

I don't mean this question to be for those who have been exercising religiously since they were 12. I want to ask normal women who are normal weight, who have normal lives, and normal will power. My body weight is only slightly high. What kind of exercise do you do? I like biking, rock climbing, kayaking, and other outdoor sports but my 3 year old is not old enough to do any of this and I like to spend as much of my free time with her as possible. Suggestions?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 7:47 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I am afraid I do not. My motivation is chasing LO.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:52 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• With an almost 3 year old, I'm afraid there's no motivation out there that I've found that can keep me exercising. I really want to start at a yoga studio because it will be time for me with no interruptions. So far, even that hasn't worked. Here's to the spring weather sticking around so we can be outside more.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• zoey, i love your second motivation. That actually just worked for me. I've decided I'm about to go to the gym and check out the hotties. Thanks for that one.

For you other 2, I do exercise sometimes so I could give you a few tips on what helps me go sometimes.
    1) xbox360, the motion games are fun.
    2)biking, I love it but usually no one wants to go with me so it gets boring.
    3)dance videos, i like learning the sexy moves.

hope that helps you guys get started and i hope I find some ways to get me better motivated.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i like the idea of dance videos!! lol. i bought dirty dancing exercise video so hope that helps when i can find a dvd player to view it and exercise to it also.

There's just something about warm weather that makes me want to go out there and do something, i think if i stay inside, im wasting my life. so i suppose warm weather is one of them.

i try to jog with my dogs which makes it interesting.

the feeling of sore muscles kind of feels good lol oh man, i can tell that since i took that jog yesterday, i have not exercised in a long time. im feeling it today!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• exercising alone, is a big problem for most. You're not as motivated. I too like the sore feeling of working out, I just don't like doing things that I can't do without my daughter.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 8:32 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• a workout buddy!
    braxtonsmomma10

Answer by braxtonsmomma10 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If I don't work out for a day or two, I can feel it! I feel sluggish and antsy. It's not always easy to fit the time in, but I got nuts if I can't get that energy out, especially when I'm stressed. I just feel so much better when I exercise regularly.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I look back at old pics lol it makes me want the body I used to have..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• mix it up...find 3 or 4 things you love doing and turn it into exercise...if you love dancing try Zumba, etc. always have a few things on hand to do so you don't get bored with our routine and music...upbeat music
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 8:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• One look in the mirror after my shower is all it takes to motivate me o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2011