Ladies, have you ever been really really mean to your husband/boyfriend...?

and afterwards felt bad for mistreating him? What did you do and how did you make it right afterwards?

smilingontime

Asked by smilingontime at 1:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• i am the type that when i get really angry, i speak w/out really thinking first, and i have the tendency to say some very mean and ugly things to my man. i always feel bad right after the words levae my mouth. after the fight is over, i go to him and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek and let him know that i love him and that i meant none of it
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes I have sometimes my mouth likes to speak before my brain thinks things through, but I sit my husband down and I apologize to him and tell him I was in the wrong I then tell him what I was trying to say and how it came out all wrong
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:48 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yep, that's exactly what you gotta do. Apologize and explain to him what you said was wrong. Make sure that you tell him why you are apologizing...means way more than just saying "sorry, I hurt your feelings". You gotta let him know that you KNOW what you said was wrong and hurtful.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:00 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• my husband knows from experience that i get really emotional and very self defensive when i'm angry or hurt. best thing to do is "man up" and say you were in the wrong. men loved to be told they were right anyway.
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 2:43 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• LOL, yeah, they love it cause it doesn't happen very often!! he he he he he he....just kidding!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I was just discussing this in one of my groups! I am one who flares up quickly and says mean things to my SO (however, he knows how to push my buttons!) but I also am quick to apologize and blame it on hormones! LOL, this is why I love being a woman. We have built in excuses for our bad behavior!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I've done it a few times but then apologize if I get the chance. For instance I've commented on his driving without trying to offend him and then he teases me a little. lol this is usually when I feel really bad and try explain what I mean. But then there's the times when I'll say or do something that I think is mean but he doesn't acknowledge it so I make myself let it go. Later I usually surprise him with something :) But, He never gets angry with me though (at leat not that I can tell) lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i do it all the time he does to me its kinda a battle who gets the last word here he says something mean i say something worse to get right back at him lol its horrible i wish wer could be like those match.com relationships lol we do our own way of makin up we call it suckin up hell come up and grab my booty and laugh to make me laugh...do something silly that he wouldnt expect u to do and that will make him laugh to ease tention then say how u feel
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:27 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I try to fight fair. I do not cuss at him, hit him, call him names, or disrespect him or confront him in front of people. But when I get upset I do mock something he has said and that makes him upset. He always calms things down by apologizing and telling me not to get worked up because we will be ok. Some how it works for me.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yeah i can be a bitch. especially when i was pregnant. god love him, he took it all and never retaliated in any way. now though, we have some rows and we never apologize to each other. we've come to the point in our relationship where we know each other's temper and don't let it bother us. its blowing off steam.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:12 AM on Jul. 9, 2008