Its been 6 months and no period?

Its been six months since i have had my period and im currently trying to conceive. But in the 3 years i have been trying i have had no luck. I took a pregnancy test and still nothing. Me and my husband alittle depressed about the fact that we havent had luck yet. I also heard that prenatels help you prepare to conceive so i tryed that also. can you give me any advise on whats happing to me?

I dont have insurance of any type how can i find a cheap doctor that i can afford.

anna_naranjo1

Asked by anna_naranjo1 at 5:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• no offense, but shouldn't you wait to conceive until you have insurance?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My advice to you though is that you save up and go and see a OB/GYN who has a fertility doctor on staff. They can probably help. Since you have gone 6 months without a period it means you are not ovulating. There are many things that can cause this. Being overweight or underweight can cause no ovulation. Working out too much can also cause this. Until you have a period there is no chance of getting pregnant. Once you do have a period count 14 days from the first day of your period then have sex like bunnies for about 4-5 days. After sex dont get up right away. Put a pill under your bottom to raise you up some and stay that way around 20minutes.

As for insurance, well 70% of the country doesnt have insurance and insurance wont cover maternity unless you pay before you get pregnant. Thats why the govt has medicaid to help decrease infant deaths for women who dont have insurance.

Answer by gemgem at 8:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• k don't have sex everyday after ovulating. have sex every other day. if you have sex everyday the little spermies won't work. they need a day in between to strengthen up again. also not everyone ovulates on day 14. the rage is actuall day 11 to day 16. once you have a period you should start taking your waking temp and checking your cervical fluid. those two things will tell exactly when you are ovulating. but since you haven't have a period in six months then that mean you probably do have some fertility issues.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 10:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• You can ovulate without a period. My cousin hasn't had a period in 3 years but has a 2 year old and is about 5 months pregnant. Use ovulation tests to see when that time is. I ordered a kit of 100 tests from eBay for $30 and they work great! I would try to get on some kind of insurance though. Good luck.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Go to Planned Parent Hood or a free clinic, they can help you and or set you up on small payment plans.
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I also ment to mention Prenatals are a plus when trying to concieve, it help lower the risk of certain birth defects. P.s It would not hurt the hubby to take a multi vitamen also. good luck
    Lindsey24

Answer by Lindsey24 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008