Ok, so I have 4 positive pregnancy tests BUT.....

Ok so yesterday I took 3 pregnancy tests, which all came back positive...

then this morning I took another, and though one of the lines was faint, it was deffinately a positive test.

The problem is that I am still bleeding from my period... my period stopped a week ago today, but then my fiance and I had sex, and 2 days later I began bleeding again and havent stopped....its really light, but enough to have to wear a pad...

Has anyone else experienced this?? what does this mean???

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be implant bleeding? I would call your doctor & have a blood test done.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 8:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• This could be what is called spotting and is completely normal during pregnancy. Also, some women never stop having a period during pregnancy. If sex was rough the last time, that could also cause bleeding. If you have any sort of infection, like a urinary track infection, it could lead to a false positive. The best thing to do is to make an appointment with a ou're describing, if you are doctor. You don't need to be in a rush, because what you are describing, if you are pregnant, will not be dangerous to you or the baby. If you don't have insurance, and can't afford a doctor visit, you can go to the local clinic and they will test you for free. If you find out you are pregnant, you may now be eligable for medicade, which is insurance that the government pays for. You can apply for this before you go to the doctor so that you do not have to pay for the visit.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 8:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• However, if you are approved and are not pregnant, you will have to pay the money back. So i suggest if you have no insurance and have doubts that you are pregnant that you go to a clinic before applying for medicate so that they can confirm your pregnancy.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 8:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would go to the doctor for a blood test. It is possible to get pregnant while on your period but I think it's kinda rare. It is also true that if a pregnancy miscarries the hormones stay in the urine longer than the blood. So, if your period had been a chemical pregnancy ending then that would explain the positive tests.

angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes it could be implantation bleeding. To be sure you shold make a drs. app.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You should call the doctor for sure
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I had bleeding with my 1st pregnancy. Sex can cause bleeding in early pregnancy so you may want to hold off sex for a little while. I started spotting brown with my 1st at 7 wks, I spotted for a day and called my dr. Had a u/s baby looked good for 7 wks. The bleeding eventuallys stopped but started up again a week later. This time I let it go and again it eventually stopped. A week later the bleeding started a gain though this time there was a lot more of it. I took a trip to the ER and they told me that they could take some blood and monitor my hormone levels to make sure that it is climbing like it should. He also told me that there is no real cause to why some women bleed during pregnancy. I went home and by morning the bleeding had stopped, this time for good. I delivered a mildly healthy baby boy 7months later. Unfortunatly if you are going to miscarry there is nothing you can do to stop it.

Good Luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011