For all the mommy fashionistas out there...would you "rent" a designer dress?

Kind of like the concept of designer bag rentals (i.e. Sex & the City helped make the concept famous).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• See how much the difference is to buy one and rent it. Sometimes you can come out cheaper buying the dress. Just a thought!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I would much rathr buy one because it is cheaper than renting one.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 6:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• no. and neither would i buy a top designer dress. most times you only wear it once anyway. you can ALWAYS find a dress with similar style that is in your budget. most people wouldn't even know the difference anyway.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 8:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i would totally do it. designer dresses are meant to be worn once. why buy it just to take up space in your closet
    IGotLuckyInKy

Answer by IGotLuckyInKy at 10:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• depending on how formal the dresses were... I would. not for something like a wedding, but maybe for a holiday party...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• if its an expensive dress and looks amazing, go for it! chances are you only gonna wear it once anyway... about the rent a bag though, i wouldn't... I don't like to change my bag too often, so I reather have one nice bag a year then rent a bunch... but that's just me:)
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• what about buying one off ebay? I would NEVER rent an article of clothing. I would fall in love with it and get suckered twice. Once the rental fee adn once the price to purchase it LOL
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My friend and i were going to rent dreses one year. We chose out Tadashi, and they were AMAZING. When we found out that it was only an additional $20 apiece to buy them we did that instead. And we switched them back and forth for various occasions - got TONS of use from them. :) I wish I could post a pic here.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 11:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2008