Is there anyway I can get past the screen where it prompts me to put in my password to login to my computer?

I have gotten locked out of my computer, and some odd reason my password isn't working, i've tried everything. I know there is a way to by pass that login screen, but I can't remember how.....

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Technology

• When the computer is turning it, it will say "F-something" for some menu (sorry, I am low on caffeine). Hit that button, go through the menus, and you will see a spot to remove passwords/users

Answer by rkoloms at 8:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Are you certain that you are entering your password correctly? Beyond that, I don't know how to get past it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wanna know too!! Good Luck. I would actually like to know how to NOT have to type in a password to log on to your home private computer.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The password is being entered correctly, it's my mother's computer that she's trying to log on to, she called some computer person he said sounds like a virus,...yiiiikes!!!!

@ meooma - click on ur start menu, click on ur picture or name, idk what windows you have, then go from there, on my computer it says ''remove password''
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• She got it [= thank u !!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011