My little mans skin is peeling!!

Is that normal? It's peelin on his hands, feet, and arms... My pediatrician refuses to talk to me until I get proof of insurance!!

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's completely normal, happened to all my children!
    Source: "Peeling skin
    During the first few weeks, your baby may have peeling or cracking of the skin, especially on the wrists, hands, ankles and feet. Overdue babies seem to peel more than babies born closer to their due date. This is normal and no treatment is necessary."
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 6:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Totally normal.....after being in a bath for 10 months some of his skin is bound to peel. That's how my pedi explained it.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• If it gets to the point of deep cracks, like along the folds of skin then dab a little nipple cream on it. Works like a charm!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 7:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• my baby peeled too, she is 2 months old now and seems to be done. i misuturize her just about everyday. she peeled at about 1 month old i think. it was bad in her folds, she is very chubby so all her folds had huge sheets of peeling skin, it was gross. it did not seem to bother her.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 7:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yeah it kind of scared me at first too! But I guess it's normal and it goes away and they look just fine.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Aquafor works wonders!!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Looks like you baby is new... so it's VERY normal to have peely skin. I think the hands and feet are the most common.. but it can be anywhere. And if your baby was overdue at all the peel even more.
    Let it be... don't put lotion on it at this age, it's not good for your baby.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008