Has anyone tried the exercise P90X?

The commercials play so much and I'm wondering if anyone has done P90X/
Remember TaeBo? I liked that workout.

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 8:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I can't afford it, but a similiar system called Supreme 90 Days is only $20, I ordered it and i'm waiting anxiously for it
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My best friend is using it now. She says its kicking her butt LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 8:54 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My DH bought it, but he has only done it a few times. It will kick you butt.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I want to try it. I heard it is hardcore. my SO said they do alot of things that he did when he was in the marines
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 9:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No but my hubby purchased insanity. I tried only the warm up and thought I was going to pass out. It was way too intense and definately has the right name.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 10:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lol koolmom. i know that i can't go near that workout plan.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have P90X. I started it after I completed Insanity. I got into month 2 of P90X, but then I started student teaching & had no time for exercise. It's a great program; very intense. It does require a lot of time though. Most of the workouts are 1 hour and some are longer than that. I had certain workouts that I loved, but there was one that I hated; Yoga X. I know it is important, but I am just not a yoga person. I need something peppy & with music. I just couldn't get through the 1 1/2 hour yoga workout so I did something else. I plan to get back into this program eventually, but right now I'm doing Turbo Fire. Chalean Extreme is my next one. If you're interested in any beachbody workouts, consider if you want more cardio or more strength training as well as if you are a beginner or more advanced. Insanity is focused on cardio (the hardest program I've ever done) & P90X is strength training.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I started with Turbo Jam and worked my way up to Insanity & P90X. I just received Turbo Fire & Chalean Extreme. I really like Chalene Johnson and her workouts workouts. Turbo Fire is more advanced that Turbo Jam. I want to do both of the latest workouts so I can have both cardio & strength training. I like that she has good music with her workouts & dancy, punching, kicking moves. If you're considering P90X, Tony Horton has an earlier version called P90. It is supposed to be a little bit easier. I used to do Tae Bo too before I tried any beachbody workouts.
    soccermom0002

Answer by soccermom0002 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• thanks soccermom, i heard it was fierce. im a beginner.
    mom2jack, i never heard of supreme 90 days but ill sure look 4 it since i can afford $20. thank u.
    Alexias30

Comment by Alexias30 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011