Periods? adult content

So, this is the first time I have experienced this... This morning I woke up & had began my period, I just went & changed my tampon, which had only been in maybe an hour, all of the blood was dark brown & very very dry!!!! Does anyone know what might be going on????? It has me terrified!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Hey for sure you need to consult your gynae...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It sounds like ''old blood'' .... could you possibly be prego? That has happened to me one time first day of my period, gyno said it was just old blood, if it didn't stop the next dday with ''fresh'' blood (sounds so gross) that i needed to come in. but you should consult ur gyno regardless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Mine is like that at the end of my period. It doesn't seem like anything to worry about. You should call a doctor and ask if this is normal. If you don't have a doctor, you can look one up online or call the nearest hospital. It doesn't necessarily have to be your doctor. That way, if it is not a big deal, you don't have to waste your day in a waiting area. Also, if it happens again you will know the cause and whether or not it is dangerous. I think you should not stress out about it until you talk to a doctor, what you describe sounds exactly like what happens to me at the end of my cycle so I don't believe it would be any more dangerous in the begging.
    TiffanieK

Answer by TiffanieK at 9:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I will be majorly upset if I'm pregnant, I haven't been feeling right lately as it is, but I have had tubal, but it's also a known fact it ain't always 100% and there's still a risk.I hope there is nothing to it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Old/dark blood at the beginning of your period is not normal. Check with your doctor...just to be safe.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sounds like old blood. Good luck hun.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Despite what many doctor's and others say, thats not normal. I'm not saying it's something bad, but it's not normal. Take it from someone who knows, it's always best to get checked out. Take care and good luck.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 12:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2011