What was the first thing you thought when you found out you were pregnant?

I think for me it was "holy crap! i guess my birth control didn't work"

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 7:00 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• The first time: "oh my gosh that's a blue line, no it's not, must be a lie, must be a lie. think of something else.. aww wait that means a baby! awww a baby!"

haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• OMG FINALLY!!! My husband kind-of stood there in shock..he was happy & scared at the same time..I was just happy...the funny thing was we found out we were pregnant the day we went and got married...of course we planned to get married first then we found out BABY!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• "We are blessed!

Answer by Bmat at 8:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• First thought, "OMG, it worked!"

Then we both burst into happy tears. :)
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 8:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• "Oh my husband is going to SHIT his pants when he reads this email." Lol my husband was in Alaska working when I found out. He got a surprise email with ultrasound pictures.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• HOW DO I SUPRISE MY HUBBY! lol
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I always get my way!
    jlynrhodes

Answer by jlynrhodes at 9:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ouch, that curling iron burned my toe! lol when i saw the test i dropped my curling iron and just stood there. then i cried (happy tears)
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 9:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• About god damn time LOL:)
    susanwluvs0826

Answer by susanwluvs0826 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• With my daughter I was thrilled beyond words! I knew I was pregnant before I took the test and I had been trying so hard for so long that when I read the results I called everyone I knew even though it was midnight!

This time around all I can say is that having a child already must really distract you from your cycles and body signals...and I wasn't as "uppity" about getting pregnant this time...more like "when it happens, it will happen" and I didn't expect it to happen so soon after the last pregnancy. I got to thinking "I might be late...I'm usually on with my sister" so I took a test and since the positive line didn't pop up right away I put the test down and took care of groceries. I came back and it was positive. My words were "uhhhh...that's not negative" and my SO looked and said "no, that really isn't negative". We were a little surprised (not that we should have been...lol)
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008