what is the last time any kid walked and is considered OK because they are healthy otherwise and what if the don't by 20 months just cruise do they test her legs what>

some moms write me of late walkers for example 20 21 months an they re great walkers what i'm asking is when is the cut of date two years my little girl is scared. and I'm very frustrated.

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 7:55 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you hold her arms and put her on her feet can she support herself on her legs? If so then it's probably true that she's just scared or just doesn't see the point in it. My first child didn't walk until almost 2 and we got him tested but it turned out that he was just 'lazy'. If you're worried it's better to get her tested to put your mind at rest though, good luck.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Ihad two late walkers. My pediatrician always told me there was nothing to be concerned with as long as they can pull themselves up and walk around things unassisted. She said the only time she worries is yes if the child is 2 and not walking and if there is a problem with them walking holding onto things because it could be a muscle issue. Like their muscles are not developing enough strength to get up and walk.

Answer by gemgem at 8:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Ours weren't late walkers, but I agree with gemgem. Also, all kids are different and learn at different paces.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008