I had a c-section... does that mean I won't ever be able to have a vaginal birth in the future?

Just wondering if I'll be able to have a vaginal birth with my future babies, or will I have to get multiple c-sections....

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 7:57 AM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Hey girl, PLEASE check out this site:
    www.ican-online.org
    =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• No, not at all. I know plenty of mothers who have had VBAC and have had absolutely no problems. But it depends on the reason for which you had a C-Section and also what incision was made, well according to my friend who I just asked. Good Luck with this.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vbac/VB99999/PAGE=VB00002
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 8:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• baby boyCONGRATULATIONS..Like haleycarson said, it depends on why you had CS and stuff. Don't let it worry you tho, your next one will be here the way its suppose to be.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Well I was induced for high blood pressure and because my legs and feet were REALLY swollen. After 10 hours of labor I stopped dialating and my doc didn't want me in any more pain. My incision was right on the bikini line. I was hoping for a vaginal birth, but I didn't plan on it cuz I know how cesarean happy docs are. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I had a c-section with my first because he got stuck at +1 and wouldn't budge (same kind of incision-bikini line). With my second I had a VBAC which was great- no drugs at all and no complications. As long as your inside incision was not horizontal you should be able to have a vaginal delivery next time though it will depend on your doctor. If your currect doctor does not do VBAC find one who is willing to let you try providing it is safe for you. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes you can deliver natualy after a c-section. If you had the bikni cut, and even if you didn't. My first was section because after crowning, they found that she turned. After 24 hours, they took her because she was in distress. They told me that If I had anymore kids, I would have to hav a section again. DUH....14 months and 2 days later, I was at the hospital after 3 1/2 hours of really mild contractions, (not scheduled for 4 more days) and 31 minutes later had my second daughter WITHOUT anything. The time I am talking about is in the late 70's and with medical marvles as they are today, I wouldn't worry.
    Dee_Dee_15

Answer by Dee_Dee_15 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2008