Are you bugged up completing your kids project work?

AnuMeha

Asked by AnuMeha at 9:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I usually make them do as much as they can since it is their grade. I know though with some projects teachers assign it knowing parental involvement will be needed. I dont mind really. I think those are kinda fun. One time dd and me had to make a mock up brochure for a vacation plan to a particular place for one of her classes with some stuff about the history of the place. Another time ds and me made rootbeer for his science project. Another time dd and me made homemade paper for the science fair. I never stressed about it though they give months to do it.

Answer by gemgem at 9:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Pardon? I don't actually understand this question.

If you mean, are you bugged by having to complete your kids' projects, right now I can honestly say that it's not something I need to deal with yet. On the other hand, finishing your kids' projects for them doesn't teach them responsibility. Maybe a bad mark will motivate them to get their work done next time.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Ya exactly. Like how many times you feel that you are completing your kids project work if at all you have to.
    AnuMeha

Comment by AnuMeha (original poster) at 9:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know my kid is a little young (almost 4) for this section, LOL, but I've had to help him with projects for Head Start. I am NOT a crafty person, so I really don't enjoy it and of course he's too young to do any of it on his own. Maybe it will get easier as he gets older and he'll have his own creative ideas and we can do better about putting things together.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• None, because I do NOT do my son's projects or homework. I will help him and guide him but it's his project and his responsibility!!!! If it's not complete when it's due, he turns it in as is and deals with the grade for not doing HIS project.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2011