How to explain to him

my boyfriend wants me to get my tubes tied now that were finally having a girl im on my third pregnancy and im only 22 i want one more but not for another 5 years but he says that hes done i personally think that im too young to get mine done and so does everyone else how can i make him understand

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 9:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tell him it's your body and you're only 22.. it's ultimately your decision
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 9:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• U r in charge of your body not him!! Tell him to get a vasectomy! For a female it would be considered major surgery!! For a guy it is an office procedure. Don't do it!!! I can't believe he expects that from u!!! These guys r really something else!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 9:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Its YOUR decision not his. Im sorry i wouldnt really know any other way to tell him good luck and CONGRATS!!!! MOMMY!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oops! how many kids you already have? You mean to say you are already a mother of two? Then how many kids you want more? Let this be a combined decision of both of you..
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Tell him you understand how he feels having so many kids so young but that you think that the 2 of you might feel differently when you're older. Maybe you can compromise by getting long term BC, like an IUD (since you don't want another right away anyway. Ultimately you have to be the one to make decisions for your own body.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Why dont you get an IUD instead? it works for several years but not as permanant... it could be a good comprimise. but the bottom line is it's your body and you get to decide. If you don't want your tubes tied don't do it. No one can force you, and you are a little young to be considering such a permanant procedure.... oh... if he wants no more kids he can get a vasectomy. (they can sometimes be reversed)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• IM going with the IUD answer too.
    MissChunkyLuv

Answer by MissChunkyLuv at 9:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree with the PPs. It's your body and there's long term birth control options. Tell if that if HE is done, then he can get snipped.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I dont mean to sound like a pure B**** but he is only your boyfriend.. but its something that you two shoud both agree or disagree with doing. You dont want to regreat doing that and then when you younger kids get a little older and you miss a little one being around. Youll rgeast the fact that if you wanted more you cant because you tied you tubes. And you are still young too. I say its your body and do with it s you please.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well, first of all it is your body. Do not go and have a surgery like that if you don't want it. If he is so certain he wants no more children then he can get a Vasectomy.

This is none of my business, and I am not judging, but I want to point out that since you mentioned "boyfriend" I really wouldn't put much stock in what he says. If the relationship isn't "forever" you REALLY don't want to make any life altering decisions for him. He could walk tomorrow.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011