• In the Spotlight:

How do you do it?

How do you all work outside the home except working in schools that have the same schedule as your child/kids? I only have one child but don't want to leave her alone. She is 11. Is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Support systems such as family friends, and daycare. After school programs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i don't know why more employers don't look for 10-2 shift workers. seems to me, that would be ideal! i suppose then you would still have vacation days to worry about.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• That's what daycare and after school programs are for. LOTS of kids are part of such programs, for parents work FULL TIME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't work at a school but I do work a school schedule. I work part time at an ad agency. My hours are 10 to 2:30. I drop the kids off at school, head into the office, leave the office and head straight back for the school to pick them up. However, I do work through their breaks including the summer. Those days my parent watch the kids. The few times they couldn't, I have relied on friends or worked from home.

People that work and don't family to help out, have day-care, after-care, summer camps, etc. A lot of people do it and it works for them.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011