Step 3 foods....when is the right time to start??

I have a 7 month old (as of Next Wednesday) and she currently is eating 2 foods. I've tried a couple step 3's and she didn't gag, and seemed to like it. She is eating mashed potatoes now also. It's also not doing anything to her stool, everything seems to be fine. Should I hold off, or go ahead and start her on some, and if so...veggies or fruit first?

Graicysmom10

Asked by Graicysmom10 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What are step 3 foods? My daughter never got baby food from a jar so I actually don't know. Is it a texture thing or is it ingredients? Not sure when you can safely add meat to a diet but if it's texture and your dd is tolerating it, go for it.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• it's totally fine. my 7 month old gets both stage 2's and stage 3's. she doesn't really like eating from a bottle anymore, she's rather eat real food so at most she'll have 2-3 bottles a day and all other meals are baby food. she also gets apple juice or pedialite
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I didint do stage 3 until 9 months old.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 9:46 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We never did stage 3 foods - we moved straight to table foods at 7-8 months, but we didn't do a lot of jarred foods anyway.

Answer by missanc at 9:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We did the same thing as missanc.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I did not switch to Level 3 foods until 9 months. My son did not like it at first but after a couple of tries he got used to it.
    SJSMOMMA

Answer by SJSMOMMA at 3:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I didn't feed my baby too many step 3 foods, by that time babe was eating more table foods so I would have to say I changed him over at 8 or so months. It all depends on how baby takes to them and how baby is with eating the thinker foods.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I asked almost the same question like last week . haha . anyway i was planing on feeding him stage 3 but i dont think i will . Hes 7 months and on stage 2 . so i think at 8 months i will start finger foods . and give him stage 3 here and there , like if we are out somewhere . hope i helped(:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 16, 2011