Have you lost a lot of weight?

I want to loose about 50 lbs. I just started working out 4X a week doing cardio. Has anyone dropped a lot of weight? What did you do?

Alexias30

Asked by Alexias30 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat smaller meals, snack on healthy foods in between meals. Drink lots of water, keep up the cardio. Walk at least 30 min a day!

Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I weighed 200 pounds after my 5th DD was born, I now weigh 127 and I started working out, watched what I ate and ate smaller amounts and quit drinking so much pop and added more water to my diet.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I've lost 30 pounds. I'd like to lose about 10-15 more. The biggest 2 things I've done was to join a gym and start watching my intake. I was stuck for about 6 weeks at having lost 24 pounds. It was just a plateau, I think. Then, my husband started doing a biggest loser type thing at work. The only thing I've done differently is to stop serving carbs with dinner except about twice a week. The rest of the time I do a meat and 2 veggies. Sometimes I'll do a salad and a cooked veggie, sometimes 2 veggies. I just try to be creative with them and make them as yummy as possible. Funny, but neither one of us really miss the carbs that much. When I do serve carbs, it's something with a low glycemic impact, like brown rice, or whole grain pasta. When I crave something sweet, I grab some fruit. Just that small change has made a difference and helped me over the plateau. Good luck, I know it's hard work to get started, but you can do it!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Hmm... I've lost some weight. Joined gym and a bit of diet control...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:10 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I lost 50 lbs and it wasn't with cardio. Cardio is for cardio. I changed my eating habits and got rid of refined sugar including soft drinks. I also increased my water intake.
    Anonymous

• I know other people who have through diet change and increased activity. Some others used a weight loss supplement.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have lost about 26 lbs. http://www.sparkpeople.com is a big help for me. Maybe it might help you along your way, too. Best wishes!!  You can do it!

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 11:03 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• the cardio you're doing is great. also ad a good multi vitamin from gnc or the vitamin shoppe to your diet every day, best to take it/them at night. and drink a full glass of water every 2 hours. it's good to have a full glass right after you pee. water cleans your body and washes away all the crap you don't want in it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm in the process of losing weight, and I've lost about 50 lbs so far. I've been eating clean, which is I think is about 80% of my success so far. Here's my journal with eating clean basics.  Exercise really does help as well, but you need to make sure you're doing strength training in addition to cardio that is intense enough.  Your heart rate should be getting up there.  I'm running about 3 days a week and cycling 2, plus I'm doing strength training 3-4 days a week. 

Drink only water- no juice, bottled teas, etc.  No diet sodas, either.

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Ive lost about 20 - 25 lbs.. I just try to work out every night and Make sure I eat healthy and smaller meal sizes and try to eat several times a day to keep up my energy.. Good luck on your weight loss
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011