Michelle boosts the economy while keeping her mouth shut. Why can't Barack do the same?

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/michelle-obamas-style-dream-team-2460652/#photoViewer=1

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 10:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh so many reasons come to mind.

Sometimes I think he likes the sound of his own voice.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I bet he could boost it even more by resigning or being impeached.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I saw yesterday that she got out of the limo carrying a $1000 tote bag. Also said they took a 15 car motorcade to go to a parent-teacher conference?
    -----------------------
    Yeah, but she hits h & m, and Target, too. For her fans, it's great. They can choose to dress like the first lady. It's good for the economy. I can give credit where it's due. And if you aren't talking about the first family being "out of touch" with the American people, she can afford a thousand dollar bag. It's roughly the same as me going to Target and buying a 30 dollar purse.

The stuff I care about is when it costs taxpayers money. The Spain trip irked me because we are broke and couldn't afford the security, etc, and therefore I felt it was wrong. The first family should have a strict budget of taxpayer money they can spend on travels, and after that, foot the bill themselves.

That would be change I could believe in.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:45 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• "saw yesterday that she got out of the limo carrying a $1000 tote bag. Also said they took a 15 car motorcade to go to a parent-teacher conference?

Security is not determined by the first family"

I have a feeling that many First Families would really prefer NOT to have so much security. But if you've heard the recordings of the assassination attempt on President Reagan, you know how important it is.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• LOL. Her style doesn't suit me, but she's got a huge following, and she does choose some affordable pieces
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

I saw yesterday that she got out of the limo carrying a $1000 tote bag. Also said they took a 15 car motorcade to go to a parent-teacher conference?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• saw yesterday that she got out of the limo carrying a $1000 tote bag. Also said they took a 15 car motorcade to go to a parent-teacher conference?

Security is not determined by the first family

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have never bought one single piece of clothing because a 1st Lady wore it. I have never bought a piece of clothing because a celebrity wore it. I do have to wear what is 'in'. I don't consider myself a sheep that has to do whatever the 'shepard' does. I just don't understand the 'follow the leader' mentality.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh please, let's not make her out to be some great savior of the economy. For as much as I don't like him, I don't like her either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• THIS>>> Answer by lovinangels, "The first family should have a strict budget of taxpayer money they can spend on travels, and after that, foot the bill themselves".
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011