What to do?

The father of my children and I split up. He has only been taking them one day a week. Well today he came here and he give me 140 dollars. He makes me sign a paper saying he gave it to me. Thats all he wants to give me for the whole month. I have no idea about child support or anything else. But if you ask me its cost more than 140 dollars a month to take care of two children. I am so confused. I told him I would take him to court and he says that if I do he is going to take my kids from me. I have a job but I only work one day a week. He has a full-time job and is living with his mother paying nothing! He only has to give me money. I am so confused and stressed out . I don't know how I am going to pay any of my bills.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Contact a lawyer or legal aid and find out what your rights are and start the ball rolling for custody and child support. I would also suggest looking for a full time job or one that has more hours than just 1 day a week.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'd definitely get a lawyer. File for custody first thing, and child support after that. And I agree with getting another job or starting to look for one at least. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• yikes good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 12:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• men always make those threats of taking the kids. they don't want the kids, they are doing or saying that to fuck with you really. file for divorce and child support and full custody. and you need to find a better job to support yourself.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Take his ass to court! YOUR entitled to 30% of his take home pay. P E R I O D!!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011