Not really a question…

A friendly reminder to back up all of the things you love that are stored on your computer.

My computer hard drive failed yesterday. After spending 2.5 hours on the phone with tech support, it has been determined that I have likely lost everything. Photos, music, work files. I have photo back ups to a certain point, but everything after that is gone.

So, go back up those photos and your favorite music ladies! (posting here so more people get the message.)

balagan_imma

Asked by balagan_imma at 10:20 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Same here. I thought I lost everything a while ago and since then saved everything on an external hard drive. The one thing I can't stand about computers is how easily compromised they can be.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I still don't know if anything can be salvaged. I take it in after I get off work this morning. We get so complacent with technology. DH and I had just been chatting about backing up photos but hadn't gotten around to it. I have some photos of my artwork which is likely gone forever.

Oh well. Live and learn.
    balagan_imma

Comment by balagan_imma (original poster) at 10:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• DONT EVER trust tech support from a phone call. Go to a best buy with your PC. Im SURE it's not ALL gone.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It had nothing to do with the tech support. They were actually great. I took it in to a Mac place today. It's looking a little more hopeful.

More the point was to remind everyone to back up their computers.
    balagan_imma

Comment by balagan_imma (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011