Do you think this is true?

Do you think slumber parties and sleepovers are out of style these days? My girl is 12. When I was growing up they were popular but it seems like girls chum up one on one more than when I was a kid. There are so many parents who don't want their kid to be where another kid is attending. I think parents don't want their kids to lose sleep either. I am thinking of not having anymore for my child. It's not just the kids it's the Mom's too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Slumber parties were fun and my little one is always talking about sleepovers...then again she's just going on 3 and we're not at that point. I haven't heard of the big slumber parties happening as much anymore but don't know if they are out of style.

If you and your daughter want to have one, then do it. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 10:23 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Let the Moms know it's not about how we feel as moms it is about giving kids the opportunity to bond. And as moms we should set an example (even if we hate each other) that we can get beyond conflict. Keep doing sleepovers as long as you see that children enjoy it.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I let my 13 yr old have sleepovers,I know that soon she won't be interested in that anymore I want her to continue to young and enjoy being here at home.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My 9 yo has sleepovers quite often. I usually only let her have 1 friend at a time over for a sleepover, unless it's her birthday party - but last year she had 7 other girls here. I think it's a lot of fun! I had them with my friends until I got married at 20 - I can't see denying my daughter all that fun!

Answer by missanc at 10:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Do what you want. If other parents don't want to send their child that's too bad. If your daughter likes them I sure wouldn't stop her from having fun because of what some other parent thinks. =) I admit I hate it when one of my girls spends the night somewhere and then wants to sleep all day but then I remember I was a kid once too.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I forgot to add....I never want to host a slumber party at my house as long as I live. LOL
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:38 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I think it has more to do with the fact that you can't trust other kids' parents these days. I wouldn't let my kid stay over at anyone's house I did not know very well, such as a relative or old family friend.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My daughter is 17 and up until we moved here (8 months ago) she was having sleep overs ALL the time- either somewhere else or at our house!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:24 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• *most were with 1-2 girls at a time but on birthdays and stuff there were bigger ones a lot
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Whether they are popular or not anymore should not be a factor, if you and your child want one you should have one.

Answer by older at 11:49 AM on Mar. 11, 2011