Sleeping schedule

Do you suggest or tell your kids to sleep in during breaks from school? Mine wants to always get up early like the lastest being 7 am. Oh, what can you do to get them to sleep longer? Even if she stays up late it has NO EFFECT.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 9, 11, and 13 yo sleep in now. But even when they were in early elementary and still woke up early they didn't wake me up - just fixed their breakfast and watched Disney channel until i woke up (they knew how to turn on the tv, but not operate the remote to change the channel). They stopped waking me up when they were 4-5.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well how old is she? Is the old enough to safely be up by herself? Let her quietly flip on the tv, read, color, whatever for a while in the morning. =) I know a woman who "makes" her kids stay in their room till 8am when not in school. If they come out she sends them right back. That's her thing...not mine. =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 10:34 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• She's 12
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would think getting her to be more active may help some, also try asking her to clean something when she gets up, i bet she will sleep til 10..lol I'd say, since your up before me, can you empty the dishwasher and throw in some wash..lol lol Also, as long as she don't wake you, just let her get up. But i think bike rides or walks after dinner, playtime with friends something may help?
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:19 AM on Mar. 11, 2011