Are you allergic to fabric softener?

I have an allergy to the chemicals used in dryer sheets. Instead, I use dryer balls. Just wondering how many other people have run into this issue.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 10:35 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• I use white vinegar in the wash. It works as well as, if not better, than the chemicals. We did a line dry jeans and towel test. You could not tell the difference.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:39 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes!!
    Billie Mae
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 10:40 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I am thinking I may be. It seems like every time I try one, I become itchy. I might just be trying the white vinegar thing soon instead.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 3 in our house are allergic to wash soap and or fabric softner. All Free and Clear and Snuggles dFree and clear dryer sheets are lifesavers here.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:01 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No, but my mom was. We use the free and clear variety of detergent and softener anyway...just to be safer.

(But, I think I will try the white vinegar.) :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I use homemade laundry detergent and white vinegar instead of fabric softener, much better for us
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• No! I have to use fabric softening on my clothes, it's a must. I use Downy, or snuggle.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I use homemade laundry detergent and white vinegar instead of fabric softener, much better for us I also use homemade detergent and use white vinegar for my laundry. They work just as well , are cheaper and better for the environment.
    grammawjo

Answer by grammawjo at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011