Do you know about Dollar General?

I moved from Colorado to Arkansas few years ago and until then had never seen a Dollar General and still never shopped there. I moved to a small town in Rural Arkansas and I am at Dollar General almost everyday. I love the place (the closest place to buy anything else is 20-30 minutes away)

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 10:53 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I swear by dollar general. They are the cheapest place to get OTC medicines like tylenol and ibuprofen (when you get the generics).
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• LOL! There is actually one better... Freds! You can actually decorate a whole house very inexpensively at each place!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lol i LOVE dollar general and dollar general market also.Here we have a Dollar General almost next door to my home and a Dollar General Market in the next town( just a few miles away) and there I can buy fresh fruits and veggies for just a dollar or so a bag,milk,bread is under a buck a loaf, and they have an entire section that every food item is $1.I always hit that spot and load u on big bag of rice,beans,and jars of peanut butter.
    Gods_Girl1979

Answer by Gods_Girl1979 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know of Dollar General. We have a Family Dollar, basically the same thing. I live in rural WV and like you, the nearest place to shop elsewhere is a 20 minute drive. That store is a life saver!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:56 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We are the same way. Our Dollar General has saved us more than once. lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• They recently redid ours here in town.. did they redo all the Dollar Generals??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i love the dollare store. we have two different ones here dollare general and family dollar if you cant find something at one the other is sure to have it. and at the mall we have a dollar tree and everything in the store is truely a dollar
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Our closest Fred's is 20 minutes away next door to a DG LOL ... I love the South!
    pammomof9

Comment by pammomof9 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We have a lot of Dollar Generals here in VA, and a ton of dollar stores, i like the dollar stores because everything's 1$ LOL!!!!! I have went to dollar general to get diapers, LUVS there are 8$, at walmart they are 6$!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Dollar General is like on every corner where I am from and where I live. Fred's is also a great store...as is Rose's and Family Dollar. You can get great items for your kitchen there and the Dollar Store (everything there is really just a dollar) and it's quality is nice for presentation (doesn't look cheap)
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 12:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011