If you HAD to deal with an ex-wife. what situation would you rather be in?

A) paying child support and never dealing with her

b) not paying regular child support only giving her money when she calls demanding it (if you feel like it)...and dealing with her just about on a day to day basis.

this is a hypothetical question

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• I never and will never have to deal with one. However, for some reason, my ex's wife used to think she had to deal with me. I saw no reason to ever deal with her... they weren't OUR kids.. they were my ex's and I's. I always ignored her calls. The only run in we ever had is when she tried to pick up my kids after she had been drinking. That happened JUST ONCE. That was it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It's always easiest to pay and not deal with them. My ex never paid and I don't deal with him, that works too. His ex pays and there is all sorts of drama....it's the worst. I'd rather go without the money rather than deal with it, personally.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• the easiest one would be A to just pay it and never have to deal with her BUT if she's using the money for things she shouldnt and she gets mad real easily, i think it would be fun to poke her! (but seriously, ive never been in this situation so sorry to all those who are offended)
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i think A would be better for everyone. the child support is not for "her" anyway its for the child that you're a stepmother to.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:57 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You should always pay child support.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 10:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Unfortunately, even when child support is being paid, you still end up dealing with her. My DH deals with the ex but not without the drama and the vindictiveness on her part. She always wants to bring me into the conversation no matter what it pertains to. Just keep a mantra of... this support is for a child, not for her and I'm being the best person I can by not adding to the drama.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would go with A regardless of how often she has to be dealt with. With A, you can go through the courts and she can't come back later and try to say you never paid. Also, when you go with A, you can often get the court to set up visitation and communication and all that, so that you can avoid having to deal with her at her whim and over stupid crap.

Of course, I think I'd also find out about the ex situation before I got that serious with the guy, so that I would know what I'm getting into and if I can't deal, I'd get out before it reached that point. I have a jerk ex, so I know how difficult it can be, and I don't think I could deal with my jerk ex and being with someone who had a b*tch ex. Well...unless I could set them up together and get them out of our lives to go be mean to each other. Hmmm....
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• A
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:29 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• wow I would hate this. I would say pay $$ and never have to deal with her
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• A~!!!!!
    Mxcxr16

Answer by Mxcxr16 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011