Not sure what this is... help if you can

I do have a doctor's appointment in 2 wks and I do plan to discuss this with the doctor.
anyway I have 2 symptoms that are quite alarming (to me)-- 1 is my feet swell, especially after putting in a long day at the computer working. My fingers swell a bit as well, but nothing like the feet.
2nd symptom is I am so tired all the time, I have actually nodded off while at the computer. I do sleep at night, so it is not that I am lacking sleep, I just get so lethargic that I can't help it.
What do you think it could be? For the sleeping thing I am wondering if it is anemia, as a few years ago I was anemic and had that same tiredness and nodding off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Health

• Could be anemia but would check with the Dr for sure!!! The swelling in your feet can happen when you set too long and don't get up and walk around or you could be holding water for some reason!!!
    God Bless and Good Luck,
    Billie Mae
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm no doc but I'd guess the swelling is water retention and you may need a water pill, finger tips? no clue sorry. Watch your sodium intake and use of salt on foods. Keep your legs raised when sitting or sleeping, that will help. If you push on your shin bone with slight force and the impression stays, you are holding water. The sleepiness, could be anemia or sleep apnea, you may feel like you are sleeping at night, but it mayn ot be a sound sleep, you may be waking open if even just for a second. This is common in heavier people but not limited to them, my father had that problem. Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• what is your diet like? are you eating healthy meals regularly---every 4 hours?
    are you overweight? do you eat much processed foods?
    are all of your joints at 90 degree angles?
    do you see a chiropractor?
    how is your salt intake?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The swelling sounds like water retention. How's your BP? You may need a water pill for the swelling. Also increase your water intake to help with this!!
    As for the being tired could you be anemic?

Hope you find some answers hun.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011