When you get up in the morning what is the first things you say to your kids?

To Clara (my 7 yo) Rise and Shine! This is the day the Lord has made! Come on get up sweetie. .... .... .... Clara, if you can't get up on time your bedtime will be even earlier! (that does it!)

To Sam (my 10 yo) are you ready to walk out the door? (He isnt allowed to play the PS3 unless he was walk out ready)
he usually is

To Jack (my 14 yo) Why didn't you do that last night?

Some mornings I wonder if I ever say Good morning, did you sleep good? It seems like we hit the floor running around here.

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• To Mary, age 13, I say- "Time to get up for school. OK I will be back in five minutes. Ok your five minutes are up."

As she walks out the door I say- "Love you, have a good day at school."

At night I say- "Good night, God bless, see you in the morning, have pleasant dreams, good night."
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I say good morning, did you sleep well? Get your clothes out and head downstairs I'm getting your brother and will be right there. My sons are 5yrs old and 10mths old.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i sing good morning good morning to you and you and you and make it fun for my boys and my daughter i say get up its time to get ready for school give her a hug and ask her how she slept
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:13 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I sing a good morning song to my boys (They hate it )
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Good Morning Sunshine to my 6yo and Good Morning Princess to my 9month old
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• buenos dias mi amorcitos :)))
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 11:25 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My kids share a room, so normally I knock, go in there, and say something like wakey wakey eggs and bake-y. I try to joke with them so they wake up in good moods. Although half the time its my 9 year old telling me something like dang mom you're still asleep???! Yep.... when its 6 am I like to do that, go back to bed lol.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I say "Good morning beautiful" to my 12 year old daughter. Then we play "Peel the banana", where I pull off the blankets while she holds on to them and begs for a few more minutes.
    cecyh9

Answer by cecyh9 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• To my 4 year old: ooompf! as she climbs on me, at which point she gives me a big hug and tells me Good Morning Mom. "Good morning Nugget (nickname) now go away and let me wake up.

To my 7 year old: It's time to get up now, remember to take your shower. Then he usually gets yelled at for playing around instead of doing what he's supposed to do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:48 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Time to wake up baby gurl .... it's time to get ready for school.... I am arguing with her right now actually..... trying to get her to clean her room!!!!!
    MommaShanon

Answer by MommaShanon at 7:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011