Life after death

Do you believe that when we die we will be able to see our family and friends we knew here on earth?  If you have ever died do you remember the experience? I was watching something on youtube about a lady that died and says she doesn't fear death. I don't know how one wouldn't fear death because really you don't know whats gonna happen to you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I tell my kids about heaven and that we all meet up after death but I am not 100% certain that is true. I tell them that because its easier to explain where grampa is and that he is ok.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ya I believ ethat too and tell my kids the same. It would be hard to think that of all the people here on earth,that they would just disappear and not go anywhere like some people believe to me that would make me fear death.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Don''t believe it exists. Once you're dead you're dead, Game over, so not pass go do not collect eternal rewards. It really isn't that scary, it just means you need to make the most of this life while you're alive to live it. That doesn't mean go out and getting plastered everynight either. Part of what makes life so enjoyable is making wise decisions so that you may enjoy as much of it as possible for as long as possible.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have no fear of a non- painful death. If I go in my sleep I will be fine.
    One time I was taking meds for my health condition. And my Mom came in and had to literally bring food to my bedroom, I was 18. I was in my twin size bed, next to the window, and wrapped in my favorite rose comforter my mom had gotten me.
    I remember my mom brought sugar smacks in for me to eat, now my favorite. But I could have died at that moment and been at peace with it all.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 11:18 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm not afraid of death or being gone. Of course, I want to be here for my kids. But it gives me strength to know that I'll someday be reunited with my DH that passed away nearly 6 years ago. Also I don't think its necessarily a good thing to tell kids that when you're dead, you're dead. Death is already scary for most kids, I don't think it would be comforting for mine to think that DH just went poof. When he died, my oldest was 3. I told him Daddy had a star in heaven so he would have something he could see to say goodnight to or anything if he was missing him. It's always helped my kids to know this.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:33 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• yes, i do believe that. i still fear an untimely and painful death, however.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I hope my dead family members can see me. It's comforting!
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I generally do not believe in an afterlife of any kind - good or bad. But no one knows for sure what will happen, I suppose anything is possible. I'm not worried about it.

CRoseJS4

Answer by CRoseJS4 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't know for certain what happens - I'm not sure anyone can, really - but I do believe that we all do return to God, and can find our loved ones. Whether or not I'm right, though, isn't a huge issue for me. My faith does more than hold hope for a life to come, it helps me get the most out of this life, now, too. So if I'm wrong, at least I'll know that my faith helped me to live this life in a way that I'm happy with, that it helped me cultivate love and joy. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Death is a bit scary to me especially with my children being so young and we are fighting death right now with my husbands cancer so its a very real prospect in our home.

However, I do believe we will see our loved ones again. I believe that circle never ends.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011