• In the Spotlight:

Heart burn

I have heartburn all day long. What are somethings you use to get rid of it and not temporary relief, something I can take that will last a couple hours. I forget what my doc said and I don't go back to him until wednesday.
(I know I can call but I don't wanna bother them with a dumb question that you ladies can help me with)

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is not dumb,call them,they r there to help u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:22 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Tums would help me, until it became fruity flavored heartburn. At that point I was put on a medication: Protonix. It has worked wonders for me!
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:44 AM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lots of tums
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i took one of my husbands heartburn pills cause i thought i was gonna die. But you could always ask the pharmicists at cvs or walgreens if you dont feel like calling you DR. thats what i usually do and they are very helpful
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 12:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Not the best thing to eat , but ok if in moderation Mint choc chip Icecream even a few spoonfulls does wonders
    kjade226

Answer by kjade226 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ice cream worked for my 1st pregnancy (no joke!) but this time around I've had to take tums.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011